Monday, September 7, 2009

Coleus in Tractor Tire

These are pictures from the garden in 2007 when I thought I had too much coleus in the beginning. It turned out I love them and realize that I haven't planted any this year! How could that be?


August 2007.
Coleus survives in a tractor tire
set in a spot which gets full afternoon sun.
Daylily grows in the center.
The pot was started in late June 07.
A pot of pentas on left is placed on the edge.

And then they grow like nobody's business
once the days turn cooler.
A red salvia is inserted in between.


October 2007.
Here's how they looks in fall.
You can see how tall they have grown
by using the white little frog pot
as a scale.

Coleus is now as tall as pentas in the pot
and thick as they can be.
I do a lot of pinching, even pruning.



A volunteer basil grew here too.



All coleus and pentas were purchased from Bruce Miller.

No comments: