Sunday, August 16, 2009

Chipotle Project

The only thing that our garden produce this time is pepper. I thought that dehydrating would be the best way to preserve them as I did last year. This year I kick it up a notch. I smoke mixed pepper from the garden with mesquite wood in a Cajun smoker, then dehydrate them further in convection oven and then ground them for cooking. We didn't have jalapeno pepper this year, but we planted several other varieties.

Fresh green anaheim pepper.
The red ones smoke better than green.
All the green peppers I included was too burnt in the smoker.

The orange habanero pepper.
Only dare to include three of them.
They're supposed to be the hottest pepper on earth.

Tomato-shaped pimiento pepper,
and slender red serano pepper.

Baton-rouge red tabasco pepper.


The Chipotle - smoked chili pepper.
This is how they look after being smoked and dehydrated.

Tabasco pepper smoked.

No comments: